Associate Dean of Faculty Affairs, College of Arts and Sciences
Office: CPR 105
Dr. Bell is serving as Associate Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.
Dr. Bell joined the USF faculty in 1988. Her research interests include performance studies, feminist theory and pedagogy. She enjoys cross-stitching historical samplers, replacing biblical verses with feminist slogans. She is the proud mom of three very smart, funny, and talented children. She is Nana to two equally smart, funny, and talented grandchildren.
Ph.D., Speech Communication, University of Texas, Austin, 1983.
M.A., Speech Communication, University of Texas at Austin, 1980.
B.S. with Honors, Speech Communication, University of Texas at Austin, 1973.
Performance studies, Feminist theory, Feminist Pedagogy
Honors and Award
- John I. Sisco Teaching Excellence Award, Southern States Communication Association, 2007.
- Southern States Communication Association Gender Scholar of the Year, 2006.
- Distinguished Service Award, Performance Studies Division, National Communication Association, 2005.
- Feminist Teacher-Mentor Award, Organization for the Study of Communication, Language, and Gender, 2000
- Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award, USF, 2000